I noticed quite a few people were having issues with this (including myself), and it wasn’t clearly mentioned in the documentation. If it helps you, please leave a comment!
1. You use Cybersource as a payment processor.
2. You’re using Cybersource’s SOP option.
3. You have multiple domains that use Cybersource, but you can only specify a single URL as your response handler (a page that handles the decline/receipt response). You need to be able to send people to the appropriate domain, based on where they came from (that is, if you’re coming from Domain A you should be sent back to Domain A).
Answer: The following input fields allow you to override the response URL configured in the Test Business Center. This allows you to add your own custom response page, based on the location you’re coming from.
<input name="orderPage_receiptResponseURL" type="hidden" value="http://domain-a.com/response_handler" />
<input name="orderPage_declineResponseURL" type="hidden" value="http://domain-a.com/response_handler" />
<input name="orderPage_sendMerchantURLPost" type="hidden" value="true" />
<input name="orderPage_merchantURLPostAddress" type="hidden" value="http://domain-a.com/response_handler" />
A little more in-depth, for the curious
What is Cybersource?
Cybersource, [is] a leading provider of Credit Card Processing for Business, Electronic Payment & Risk Management Solutions also provides solutions to enable electronic payment; avoid online credit card fraud and credit card processing for Web, Call center & POS environments.
What is SOP?
SOP (Silent Order Post) is a feature that Cybersource provides that allows you to provide an online credit card form and submit the information to Cybersource for processing.
Let me give you a tiny bit of background on how the flow works (not going into any specifics):
1. User inputs information in your form
2. User submits the form… the form is sent directly to Cybersource
3. Cybersource processes the information, and sends the user back to a “response handler” (URL) the developer specified in the business center
4. The response handler displays an error message or receipt based on the response from Cybersource
Most people seem to only think that the response handler must be configured in the Business Center and I actually thought this as well but after scouring their documentation and trying various methods, I found that these fields may be customized within your form data.
For more information, feel free to check the following links.
SOP User Guide (HTML format)